Welcome to Our Savior Lutheran School's Pre-Kindergarten program. We desire to share God's love with you and your children as we assist in their physical, emotional, intellectual, and social development. We provide a myriad of experiences to explore and encourage cognitive learning, creativity, skill development, social interaction, and to establish a positive foundation for further learning. We introduce many skills that are the building blocks for kindergarten success. Play, music, art and physical activity are integral parts of our daily curriculum. We strive to provide a loving and caring environment that promotes acceptance and self-esteem so every child will embrace and know how unique and special they are.
HOURS: Tuesday - Thursday 8:20 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Age: Students must be four years old by September 30th.
- Children must be able to use the bathroom independently and be able to tell the teacher when they need to go.
Pre-Kindergarten activities include:
- daily outdoor recess
- daily indoor PE in the gym
- mid morning snack
- music, rhythm instruments, movement
- art using a variety of mediums and tools
- Bible stories
- Thanksgiving Program
- Christmas Program
- Spring Program
- Class Picnic
- group games
- songs and finger plays
- puppet theater
- water / sand table
- books and story telling
- theme weeks (examples: Teddy Bear Fair, Christmas Around the World, Lutheran Schools Week, Dr. Seuss, 100th day of school, Fire Safety, Pilgrims, Animals in Winter, 5 Senses, Life Cycles)
Select the link below for our Pre-Kindergarten Curriculum Guide