Welcome! It is our goal in Second Grade to create a Christ-centered classroom where every child is encouraged to do their best. During the second grade year, students will focus on the following:
- Growing in their relationship with Jesus Christ through Bible study and chapel opportunities
- Continuing to develop language art skills in reading comprehension, phonics, writing and speaking
- Exploring and building skills in computer use, art, music, and recorder class
- Discovering the importance of the scientific world around us through lessons and basic experiments
- Emphasizing manipulatives and mental math, while learning concepts and skills
- Exploring and learning about communities, government and citizenship, while developing character inside and outside the classroom
Second grade currently has two teachers. Mrs. Battaglia in the morning and Mr. Offutt in the afternoon. Click the links on the side to go to their individual pages.
2018 - 2019 School Theme
A full Second Grade Curriculum Guide is linked below.